JFK Dine & Dealey
The Dallas JFK Tour, narrated by a true Dallas historian, is for hungry history and architecture lovers! This tour begins in the Historic West End where your expert guide will escort you on Dallas’ only walking tour of the JFK experience. The year 2014 marked the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination and we’ve found these historic sites best explored by foot. Take a moment to reflect in the John F. Kennedy Memorial Plaza. Stand at the grassy knoll assassination site where you will see the X’s on Elm Street that mark where the two shots were fired. Look up at the infamous sniper’s perch window. After this 45-minute excursion there is a short ten-minute glass enclosed light rail train ride (fare included) to your Uptown, Dallas JFK Tour. 4 hours
Dallas JFK Tour Highlights often include…
- John F. Kennedy Memorial Plaza
- Old Red Courthouse History & Architecture
- Dealey Plaza, one of three National Historic Landmarks in Dallas
- Motorcade Route and Grassy Knoll assassination site
- Old Texas School Book Depository Building and Sniper Perch Window
- Warren Commission and Conspiracy Theories
- Iconic structures of the downtown Dallas Skyline
- Views of the 40 story tall Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge
- History of the West End Warehouse District
- Overview of the Dallas Arts District, largest in the nation
After you work up an appetite with a local historian it’s time to begin your food tour! The Dallas JFK Tour is an expanded version of our fully narrated West Village Restaurant Tour, which features sit-down restaurant tastings from casual local eateries, and a dessert tasting along with insider’s view into Dallas’ trendy West Village, a walk-able urban living, dining and shopping district in the heart of affluent Uptown, Dallas. For most guests, this tour is enough for lunch or dinner!
- Much of this tour takes place outside and includes up to 1.5 miles of leisurely walking. Due to the nature of an outdoor walking tour, museum admission/exploration is not included.
- Food tastings are 1 hr. 15 min. after your tour begins, following the historic walk and a ten-minute light rail ride. Please plan earlier meals appropriately.
- Your tour meets in Downtown and ends in Uptown. If you parked downtown, your guide will escort you back to the DART Station for your return ten-minute ride (fare included). Detailed instructions upon ticket purchase. Parking not included. Please allow time to return to your vehicle.
Tour guide gratuity, soft drinks, and alcohol are not included in your tour price. Food Tours of America alcohol pairings are designed to complement our restaurant tastings are offered on all of our tours! For your convenience, these extras may be added during checkout both by phone and online:
- Pre-paid Tour Guide Gratuity – 18, 20 and 25% per person
- Two Drink Alcohol Pairings – $20 per person
- Three Drink Alcohol Pairings – $30 per person