Uptown Foodie Walk
The Uptown Restaurant Tour is an expanded version of our West Village Restaurant Tour featuring an additional hour of sightseeing, generous restaurant tastings in casual local eateries, and a made-from-scratch dessert tasting. For most guests, this tour is enough for lunch or dinner! 3-3.5 hours.
The Uptown Foodie Walk begins with an insider’s view into Dallas’ trendy West Village, a walk-able urban living, dining and shopping district in the heart of affluent Uptown, Dallas and then takes you off-the-beaten path with neighborhood cultural attractions best explored by foot. Specific attractions are subject to change depending upon schedule and availability. After the tour, people often choose to ride the free McKinney Avenue Trolley to the new Klyde Warren Park in the Dallas Arts District or stay and explore West Village’s one of a kind shops and boutiques.
Uptown Restaurant Tour Highlights:
- Stepping back in time with the history of Uptown’s McKinney Avenue Trolleys, a restored antique rail car system that includes “Rosie”, who at over 100 years old, is the oldest running trolley car in the nation.
- Peeking into the trolley barn, where the cars are restored and maintained and catching a trolley to one of our food tastings!
- Browsing the exhibits at the McKinney Avenue Contemporary art gallery, a non-profit art gallery featuring Texas artists.
- Visiting Dallas’ second oldest cemetery and civil war burial ground.
- Stirring up Texas size fun in playful and informative photo activity at a16x80 mural of the Texas State Fair.
So come hungry and eat your way through the West Village and surrounding areas in enchanting 125 year old Uptown Dallas. Considered the most pedestrian friendly neighborhood in Dallas, Uptown is just one mile north of downtown Dallas, minutes from most hotels and convention center.
Please Note: Uptown Dallas Tours tours are held in all weather conditions and include up to 1.5 miles of leisurely walking. Much of this tour takes place outside.
Tour guide gratuity, soft drinks, and alcohol are not included in your tour price. Food Tours of America alcohol pairings are designed to complement our restaurant tastings are offered on all of our tours! For your convenience, these extras may be added during checkout both by phone and online:
- Pre-paid Tour Guide Gratuity – 18, 20 and 25% per person
- Two Drink Alcohol Pairings – $20 per person
- Three Drink Alcohol Pairings – $30 per person